Owning a home is a privilege that comes forth with added responsibilities for caring for your home. With the proper maintenance and repair tools and tips, caring for your home should be a breeze. These tips will allow you to easily navigate the maintenance checklist for your home and ensure every checkbox ticks.
Like health check-ups, it is essential to keep a home maintenance schedule to keep your house in tip-top condition season after season. If you don’t have time to DIY your home maintenance and repairs, I invite you to see home services reviews to discover home improvement companies that pack qualities you need for your home improvement project here at UK.Collected.Reviews.
Continuing to check and repair your home systems regularly will ensure they do not break down, saving you a few coins for yourself. The following maintenance checklist is curated for a typical home for every season of the year. Must revisit your checklist every end of the season to ensure your home remains the top prime working condition. If any improvement and repair job goes beyond your skills, don’t hesitate to contact professional home service providers for assistance.
Monthly improvement checklist
Inspect your home monthly and perform repairs due by then. This maintenance checklist will guide you through each month as you complete home repairs to help you save time and money.
- Clean the furnace filter: By removing dust build ups from furnace filters ensure you regulate your home temperature and decrease your energy consumption.
- Check water softener: Always check your water softeners and replenish salt when they are depleted.
- Thoroughly clean faucet aerators and don’t leave showerheads too: Remove mineral deposits on faucets and showerheads.
- Inspect tub and sink: When performing a thorough monthly cleaning, inspect the tubs and sink drains for debris. Unclog them if necessary.
- Inspect smoke alarms, CO detectors, fire extinguishers, and all-ground fault-circuit-interrupters.
- Inspect electrical cords: Check all electrical cords for signs of wear and plant to replace or reinsulate
Seasonal maintenance checklist
The fall season is a perfect period to do thorough home maintenance and improvement. The weather is dry and temperate. Start your home repair and maintenance by inspecting the exterior and interior of your home. Most of these maintenance tasks you can handle on your own, but don’t hesitate to conduct a professional for repairs beyond your skills. Here is the checklist for home improvement in fall:
- Rake the leaves
- Inspect your heating system with the aid of a professional
- Check your fireplace for damages and hazards.
- Seal the cracks and gaps in your windows
- Replace old windows and doors or caulk if possible
- Give your exterior a new touch with paints.
- Inspect roofs for leaks or damaged shingles
- Remove leaves & debris inside the gutters and downspouts.
- Mend cracks & gaps on the driveways or walkways.
- Check water heaters for leaks.
- Check the door hardware and fix squeaky handles or loose locks.
This checklist is comprehensive, but there could be more things to fix in your home, not in the checklist because homes have their differences.