As the weather gets warmer, many of us begin to rely on our air conditioners to keep our homes cool and comfortable. However, AC units can sometimes break down or develop problems, leaving us feeling hot and sticky.
If you live in Buffalo, NY, and your AC unit isn’t working properly, don’t despair! There are some common problems that can arise with AC units, and most of them are relatively easy to fix. So, before scheduling AC repair in Buffalo, NY, check out this list of 5 common AC problems and see if you can troubleshoot the issue yourself.
- The air coming from your AC unit is warm
First, check to make sure that your AC unit is turned on and set to the correct temperature. If it is, then the problem may be with the AC unit itself.
One possible issue is that the compressor isn’t working properly. This can be caused by a variety of factors, such as low refrigerant levels, a dirty condenser coil, or a damaged compressor. Another possibility is that the air filter is dirty and needs to be replaced.
If you’re not sure what the problem is, or if you can’t fix it yourself, then it’s time to call in a professional.
- The air coming from your AC unit is too cold
On the other hand, if the air coming from your AC unit is too cold, there are a few possible explanations for this as well.
First, check the thermostat to make sure it’s set to the correct temperature. If it is, then the problem may be with the AC unit itself. There are chances for evaporator coil to be frozen. It can happen if the air filter is dirty or if there’s an issue with the refrigerant levels.
Another possibility is that the air ducts are leaking, which can cause cold air to escape and warm air to enter the home. If you think this might be the problem, then it’s time to call a professional for help.
- You can hear a clicking or loud banging sounds
Well, there may be something wrong with the compressor. This is a serious problem that should be fixed immediately by a professional.
- Your AC unit is leaking water
If your AC unit is leaking water, then the problem is most likely with the condenser coil. This can happen if the coil is dirty or if there’s a problem with the refrigerant levels.
- You’re having trouble turning on your AC unit
If you’re having trouble turning on your AC unit, then the problem may be with the thermostat. This can happen if the batteries are dead or if the thermostat is set to the wrong temperature.
If you’re still having trouble, then it’s time to call a professional for help.
Tips To Hire The HVAC Contractor That’s Right For You
When it comes to your HVAC system, you want to make sure that you hire the right contractor for the job. After all, this is a big investment and you want to ensure that it is properly installed and maintained. Here are few tips to help you hire the HVAC contractor that’s right for you:
- Ask for referrals. Talk to your family and friends and see if they can recommend a good HVAC contractor. You can also check online review sites to get an idea of what others are saying about different contractors in your area.
- Get numerous estimates. After shortlisting a few contractors in mind, get estimates from each one. This way, you can get to know the cost of the project and help you narrow down your choices. For example, if you specifically need furnace repair in Buffalo, NY, you’ll want to find a contractor who specializes in that area.
- Ask about experience. Make sure to ask each contractor about their experience level. You want to hire someone who has plenty of experience installing and repairing HVAC systems.
- Check credentials. Once you’ve narrowed down your choices, check to make sure each contractor is properly licensed and insured. This will protect you in case something goes wrong during the project.
Following these tips will help you hire the right HVAC contractor for your needs. Just make sure to do your research and take your time to find the best possible option. Contact Smart Home Heating and Cooling at (716) 545-1849 to schedule an appointment.