It’s that time of year again when the colder weather starts to set in and you start to think about firing up your furnace. But then you remember that your furnace is on its last legs and you’re not sure if it’s worth repairing or if you should just replace it. In this article, we’ll explore the pros and cons of both options so you can make an informed decision.
Repair or Replace?
- Cost of repair: The first thing you need to consider is the cost of the repair versus the cost of a new furnace. If the furnace repair in Peoria, AZ is going to be more than half the cost of a new furnace, then it’s probably not worth repairing and you would be better off replacing it. However, if the repair is only a few hundred dollars, then it might be worth considering.
- Age of furnace: Another thing to consider is the age of your furnace. If your furnace is more than 15 years old, then it’s probably not worth repairing because it will likely break down again soon and you’ll end up having to replace it anyway. On the other hand, if your furnace is less than 10 years old, then it’s probably worth repairing because it will likely last another 10-15 years with proper maintenance.
- Personal needs and references: you need to think about your personal needs and preferences. If you’re someone who likes to have the latest and greatest technology, then you might prefer to replace your furnace so you can get a newer model with all the bells and whistles. However, if you’re someone who is content with their current furnace and doesn’t mind a repair here and there, then you might prefer to just keep your current furnace and have it repaired when necessary.
- Efficiency: If your furnace is not very efficient, then it might be worth replacing it with a newer, more efficient model. However, if your furnace is still relatively efficient, then you might prefer to just have it repaired so you can continue using it for a few more years.
- Warranty: Another thing to consider is whether or not your furnace has a warranty. If it does, then you might want to take advantage of that and have it repaired under the warranty so you don’t have to pay for the repair yourself. However, if your furnace doesn’t have a warranty, then you’ll need to decide if you’re willing to pay for the repair out-of-pocket or if you’d prefer to just replace the furnace altogether.
The bottom line is that there is no right or wrong answer when it comes to deciding whether to repair or replace your furnace. It’s ultimately up to you to weigh the pros and cons of each option and decide what’s best for you and your home. If possible, you can also consult with a professional experienced in heating services in Peoria, AZ to get their opinion on what would be best for your specific situation.
Things To Consider While Repairing Your Furnace!
When the weather outside begins to drop, you know it’s time to start thinking about repairing your furnace. After all, you don’t want to be left in the cold when the temperature starts to fall! Here are a few things to keep in mind as you begin the repair process:
- Check Your Furnace’s Filter
One of the first things you’ll want to do is check your furnace’s filter. A dirty filter can make your furnace work harder than it needs to, which can lead to increased wear and tear. Replacing your filter regularly can help prolong the life of your furnace.
- Inspect Your Furnace’s Belts
Next, take a look at your furnace’s belts. These belts help keep your furnace’s various parts moving smoothly. If they’re worn or frayed, they can cause your furnace to work harder than it should. Replacing them can help ensure that your furnace runs more efficiently.
- Clean Your Furnace’s Burners
Another important part of keeping your furnace running properly is cleaning the burners. Over time, dirt and debris can build up on the burners, which can prevent them from working correctly. Cleaning the burners can help improve your furnace’s performance.
- Check for Gas Leaks
If you have a gas furnace, it’s important to check for gas leaks before you start it up for the season. Gas leaks can be dangerous, so it’s important to make sure that your furnace is safe before you turn it on.
- Schedule a Furnace Tune-Up
Finally, one of the best things you can do for your furnace is to schedule a tune-up. A tune-up can help identify any potential problems with your furnace and can help keep it running smoothly all winter long.
By following these tips, you can help ensure that your furnace is ready for the winter season. Repairing your furnace doesn’t have to be difficult – just take the time to inspect it and perform some simple maintenance tasks. With a little bit of care, you can keep your furnace running efficiently all winter long! Contact Five Star Air at 623-244-0414 to schedule an appointment.