It’s no secret that garage doors in Castle Rock, CO can be expensive. The average garage door replacement cost is $908. But, when it comes time to replace your garage door, how do you know if you need a new one or if a repair will suffice?
There are several factors to consider before making this decision and today, we’re going to discuss eight signs that indicate it’s time for a new garage door.
- Your garage door is more than 20 years old
The average lifespan of a garage door is about 20-30 years. So, if your garage door is approaching or has surpassed this age mark, it may be time for a new garage door installation in Castle Rock, CO. Of course, age isn’t the only factor to consider. The condition of your door is important as well.
- Your garage door panels are damaged
If you have a steel or aluminum garage door, over time, the panels can become dented, scratched, or even rusted. These cosmetic damages may not seem like a big deal but they can make your home look run-down from the outside. In addition, damaged panels can also affect the performance of your door and lead to bigger problems down the road.
- Your garage door opener is outdated
While your garage door opener may technically still be working, if it’s more than 10 years old, it’s probably time for an upgrade. Newer garage door openers are much more powerful and offer features that older models don’t, such as Wi-Fi connectivity, smartphone controls, and battery backup.
- Your garage door is noisy
If your garage door starts to make strange noises or is particularly loud when opening and closing, it’s a sign that something is wrong. In some cases, this issue can be fixed with a simple tune-up but other times, it may indicate that there’s something wrong with the springs or tracks.
- Your garage door is hard to operate
If you have to put all of your weight into opening or closing your garage door, it’s not supposed to be that way. A properly functioning garage door should open and close easily. If it doesn’t, it’s a sign that the door is off-track or that the springs need to be adjusted.
- Your garage door opens or closes on its own
If your garage door starts to open or close without you even touching the opener, there’s something wrong. This is usually caused by an issue with the springs or tracks and should be fixed as soon as possible to avoid any accidents.
- You see light coming through the sides of your garage door
If you can see light shining through the cracks around your garage door, it means that the door isn’t properly sealed. Not only does this let in unwanted drafts but it also means that pests and critters can easily get into your home.
- Your energy bills have increased
If you’ve noticed a sudden spike in your energy bills, it could be due to your garage door. An old or inefficient garage door can let out a lot of heat or cool air, causing your HVAC system to work overtime. Replacing your garage door with a more energy-efficient model can help you save money on your utility bills in the long run.
If you’re noticing any of these signs, it’s probably time to invest in a new garage door. While the upfront cost may be higher than a repair, a new garage door will last longer and provide you with many more features and benefits. If the contractor suggests only motor installation in Castle Rocks, CO, be sure to ask what they would charge for complete installation.
Things To Consider While Planning For Garage Door Installation!
- Location of the garage – While planning for garage door installation, one of the major things that you need to consider is the location of your garage. If your garage is located in an area that receives a lot of snowfall or rainfall, then it is important to choose a material that can withstand harsh weather conditions.
- Size of the door – Another important consideration is the size of the door. Make sure to measure the opening of your garage before making a purchase.
- Type of door – There are different types of garage doors available in the market such as roller doors, sectional doors, and side-hinged doors. Choose the one that best suits your needs and budget.
- Cost – Finally, you need to consider your budget before making a purchase. Garage doors are available at a wide range of prices. Choose the one that fits your budget and needs. Contact CR Garage Doors at 720-252-1959 to schedule an appointment.